Meet the software and product development team
Next to the passion for technology, automation, and delivering value to our customers, it is the team that motivates us to get to work every morning. Everyone tries to do his best and as a group of team players working towards a shared goal, it is the default that everyone supports each other with any kind of question or problem.
What makes working within our team valuable, is the open and continuous exchange. As part of our collaborative planning and design process, everyone is motivated to share his or her point of view and discuss. This helps to be consensus-driven on the one hand, but on the other everyone enjoys a high level of responsibility and can decide how to solve problems best.
In order to deliver quick value we think in MVPs and care about our fast release cycle. One thing everyone really appreciates is that we reduce the meetings to the minimum and avoid organizational overhead. This really allows us to focus on delivering.
Ø Time at GOhiring
Ratio of meeting to working-hours
What we’d work on together
- Aim for quality: Through well-prepared and prioritized development issues, a stable stack, transparent discussions and documentation, and the claim of each of us to find the best solution
- Deliver fast: While thinking in MVPs and iterating from there we make sure we keep our fast release cycle
- Keep a high level of automation: We free up time to work on automation
- Aim for scalability and stability: We try to find solutions that even with a growing customer base will be “boring” for us since we anticipate and consider future scenarios from the beginning
- Work with smooth processes: Together we would follow our process with established estimation and planning sessions. Still, we continuously monitor our own work to make sure we keep meetings to the necessary minimum and avoid organizational overhead
- Protected team: No deadlines. We decide what gets into the development
- Deliver value: We are in continuous exchange with stakeholders, customers, and partners to be aware of the needs of the market and make sure only the most valuable ideas and opportunities reach development
“I was first drawn to GOhiring because of its remote-first culture, offering me the freedom I was searching for. I stayed because of its people, the way teamwork is at the core of every process, and how its complex domain presents really interesting technical challenges.”
I was first drawn to GOhiring because of its remote-first culture, offering me the freedom I was searching for. I stayed because of its people, the way teamwork is at the core of every process, and how its complex domain presents really interesting technical challenges.
Tools we use
- Slack: Our number one tool for communication within our team and across the organization
- Gmail: Mainly for product managers. QA and developers don’t really need emails
- Github + Zenhub: Tools for managing our backlog and our development process, as well as orchestrating the tech software and product development team
- Trello: Project management for product managers
- Google Meet: Internal video calls
- Lucidchart + Figma: Used by product managers for wireframes, user flows, and mockups
- Heroku, CircleCI: For deployment
- Rollbar, ELK: Solutions for monitoring our services and infrastructure
- PostgreSQL: Database
- RabbitMQ: Messaging service
How you know you’ll be happy to join us
- If you are a team player! The team itself motivates us to get to work every morning. Everyone tries to do his best and takes responsibility for his tasks, but as a team, we work towards a shared goal and we support each other with any question or problem.
- If you need or like flexibility in your working schedule. Doesn’t matter if you are an early bird, a night owl, or want to attend a sports class after lunch. You have the freedom to decide when you work, but you need to organize yourself on your own.
- If you want to develop a new skill or try out a task that you’ve never done before. It is the team that decides who works on what and everyone should work in the field where he is most motivated.
- If you like complex problem-solving tasks related to our several interconnected apps.
- If you value quality and a stable platform higher than always following the latest trends.
- During your onboarding, you are going to meet all company members. Even if you are going to work remotely you won’t feel isolated, but will get to know everyone in the company and gradually be introduced to the company’s vision and your tasks.
- If you want to have some personal touchpoints off-work, you can join weekly donut meets and team time.
Picture yourself in the development or product team
What employees say about GOhiring
We want to be a 100% remote company that you are happy to work for. That’s why we constantly explore and refine ways to make work better for everyone. We’re very proud that our efforts reflect what employees think of GOhiring 🙂
92% of Employees would recommend GOhiring to friends
Read our reviews
Join the team
Not the right position for you?
Stay in touch and never miss the right position for you.